Latik is one of the favorite toppings of Filipinos for their kakanin. It has a salty, fruity taste. Making it is simple, you only need to cook coconut cream to extract its natural oil and then fry the coconut cream residue in it.
- 2 cups coconut cream or kakang gata
- Pour 2 cups of coconut cream into a saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Just continue cooking and stirring until the cream becomes thick.
- When the cream is starting to become solid, adjust to low heat. Stir continuously until the oil is separated from the cream.
- Fry the coconut cream residue with the natural oil. Cook until golden brown.
- Use a strainer to separate oil from the latik.
- That’s it! You can now use the latik for topping in your favorite kakanin!
Latik Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Biko (Sinukmani) with Latik Recipe