Whether you want to make your favorite kutsinta at home or you are planning to add it to your food business, this recipe is perfect for you!
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp lye water/ lihia
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups water
- Grated coconut, for toppings
- Grated cheese, for toppings
- Extra ½ cup water, for the syrup
- Extra ½ cup brown sugar, for the syrup
- To make the syrup, put ½ cup brown sugar in a pan on low heat. Stir continuously until melted. Add ½ cup water and stir continuously until it turns into syrup. Remove from heat then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, put cassava flour & all-purpose flour. Mix well.
- Add brown sugar. Mix well.
- Gradually add water then stir until smooth.
- Add the prepared syrup, lye water, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Fill puto molds with the mixture then arrange properly in the steamer. (Steamer’s water should be boiling already before you put the kutsinta). Cover then steam for 40-50 minutes.
- Check if cooked then turn off the heat.
- Remove from molds. Arrange on a serving plate. Serve with grated coconut and cheese.
- You can also put them in disposable plastic containers if you are planning to sell them.
- Enjoy your kutsinta!
Kutsinta Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Putong Bigas Recipe