Making this fried buko empanada is so easy! Loaded with fresh and aromatic coconut! Talagang perfect for merienda and you can add this delicious recipe to your food business too!
Fried Buko Empanada Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
For the dough
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the filling
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-2 pcs pandan leaves
- To make the dough, sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add baking soda, salt, fresh milk, egg, and butter. Mix well.
- After mixing, knead the mixture with your clean hands. Form the dough into a bun.
- With the dough inside, cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Get a portion of the dough then form it to a round shape. (Tip: Spread some flour on your working area to avoid sticking.)
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough and make it thinner.
- With a dough cutter, make circles (about 4” diameter). Alternatively, you can use the rim of a small bowl and knife to trace and cut circles from the dough.
- Remove and add the excess to the remaining dough to make another batch.
- To make the filling, put the shredded coconut on a pan over medium heat. Add evaporated milk and sugar. Stir well.
- Simmer until it boils and the liquid is reduced.
- Add pandan leaves. Stir then remove from heat.
- Put 1 tbsp of filling at the center of the dough. Wrap by folding the dough. Seal by twisting the edges then press with a fork. Repeat this step until all ingredients are consumed.
- Deep-fry the empanada until golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy your fried buko empanada!
You might like this recipe too: Cheesy Tuna Empanada Recipe