Simple yet delicious! Espasol is a popular delicacy from the province of Laguna. Its main ingredients are glutinous rice flour and coconut milk. And you know what, this rice cake is so easy to make at home!
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a pan, toast the glutinous rice flour in low heat. Stir continuously so that the flour will be cooked evenly. Cook until it turns slightly brown. When done, transfer to a bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of toasted flour for dusting/coating later.
- In a pan, over medium heat. Pour evap milk and coconut milk. Stir well.
- Add the brown sugar. Stir well.
- Add vanilla extract and salt. Stir then bring to a boil.
- Add the toasted flour. Stir continuously until the mixture becomes sticky and can be molded. Turn off the heat when done.
- Dust the bottom of a molding pan with toasted flour. Put the espasol mixture. Flatten the mixture with a spatula. Let it cool.
- Slice the espasol into serving pieces. Coat each piece with toasted glutinous flour.
- Arrange in a container.
- Serve and enjoy your espasol!
Espasol recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Kutsinta Recipe