In this video, learn how to make cheesy tuna empanada easily! Perfect for snack and good for business too!
Cheesy Tuna Empanada Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
For the filling:
- 1 can (420g) tuna flakes in oil
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pc onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup potato, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- cooking oil, for deep-frying
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold water
- In a pan, heat about 2 tbsp cooking oil from canned tuna. Add garlic and onion sauté until fragrant.
- Add potato, carrots, water, and remaining oil from canned tuna. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, pepper, raisins, green peas, and tuna flakes. Cook while occasionally stirring until all liquid dried up. Remove from heat then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add cold butter pieces. Knead with your clean hands until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Gradually add cold water while kneading until a soft dough is formed. Cover with plastic then chill for 30 minutes.
- Spread some flour to your flat workspace.
- Divide the dough into 6 to 8 portions. Flatten each portion using a rolling pin.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the filling on the center of one dough portion. Add some grated cheese.
- Fold and press the edges of the dough on top of each other. Seal it off by using a fork. Repeat steps 9-10 for the remaining portions and fillings.
- Deep-fry the empanadas by batch until golden brown. Remove from heat then drain excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy your cheesy tuna empanada!
You might like this recipe too: Special Pork Empanada Recipe