Tortang Giniling na Baboy is a unique Filipino omelet filled with ground pork meat and lots of vegetables. This dish is perfect for breakfast but you can also serve this any time of the day!
- ½ kg ground pork
- 5 eggs
- 1 pc medium potato, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pcs small onion, chopped
- 2 pcs medium tomato, chopped
- 1 pc small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Cooking oil, for frying
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Add garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add onion. Sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add the ground pork, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until the pork turns slightly brown.
- Add red bell pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes. Stir, cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the eggs to the cooked ground pork. Mix well.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Pour about 1 to 2 ladles of the torta mixture to form a flat circle. Cover and fry until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat then drain excess oil. (Repeat the frying procedure for the remaining mixture)
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with chopped spring onion if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your tortang giniling na baboy!
Tortang Giniling na Baboy recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Tortang Okra Recipe