Try this tokwa’t baboy dish! Perfect na ulam o pulutan. Learn the recipe now!
- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 block (16 oz) firm tofu, cut into cubes
- Cooking oil, for deep-frying
FOR THE SAUCE:
- ½ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 chili peppers, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion leeks, chopped
- ½ cup pork broth (reserved from boiling the pork)
- In a pot over medium heat, put pork belly and enough water to cover it. Add the garlic, pepper, salt, bay leaves, and onion. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove from heat and drain the meat well, reserving ½ cup of the liquid. Allow cooling then slice the meat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the tofu then deep-fry until golden brown. Remove from heat then drain oil.
- Make the sauce by combining and mixing all the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Serve by combining the boiled pork slices, fried tofu cubes, and prepared sauce.
Tokwa’t Baboy Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Max-Style Sizzling Tofu