Crunchy fried fish with fresh vegetables and delicious sauce. Learn how to cook sweet and sour fish! Best served with steamed rice!
2 pcs tilapia or any fish
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 pc red bell pepper, cut into serving pieces
1 pc green bell pepper, cut into serving pieces
1/4 cup ginger, julienned
2 tbsp onion, sliced
1 small pack (sachet) pineapple tidbits w/ juice
1/4 cup banana ketchup
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1 cup water
1. Clean and remove scales of the fish.
2. Put some slits on both sides of the fish. Rub salt and pepper on the skin.
3. Mix flour and cornstarch on a plate. Coat the fish with the mixture.
4. Heat cooking oil in a pan then deep-fry the fish. Turn occasionally.
5. If fish meat turns golden brown. Remove from the pan then set aside.
6. Heat about 2 tbsp cooking oil in a pan. Add ginger and onion. Sauté until fragrant.
7. Add green and red bell peppers. Sauté for another 1 minute.
8. Add water, pineapple tidbits with juice, sugar, vinegar, and ketchup. Stir well then bring to a boil.
9. Add the dissolved cornstarch. Stir continuously and cook until the sauce thickens.
10. Combine sauce and fried fish on a serving dish.
11. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy your sweet and sour fish!
Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Ginataang Tulingan