This Pinoy-style seafood paella is elegant and flavorful. It looks intimidating to cook but actually, the procedure is quite simple! This dish is perfect for special occasions like fiesta, Christmas, and New Year.
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1/4 kg shrimp, cleaned
- 1/4 kg mussels, cleaned and boiled
- 1/4 kg clams, cleaned and boiled
- 1 pc tomato, sliced
- 1 pc onion, sliced
- 1 pc bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 pc lemon
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 tbsp saffron (kasubha)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the pan (medium heat) then add butter and garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and black olives. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the boiled clams, boiled mussels, shrimp, and 1 tsp iodized salt. Cook until the shrimp turn light orange. Remove from the pan when done then set aside.
- In the same pan, put the rice, saffron, ground black pepper, tomato paste, and 1/2 tsp iodized salt. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the water then adjust to low heat. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Check and stir occasionally.
- Arrange the sautéed seafood and vegetables on top of the rice. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and put the lid on top. Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Turn off heat. Remove the aluminum foil and the lid.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on top and garnish with thin slices of lemon.
- Serve and enjoy your Pinoy-style seafood paella!
Seafood Paella Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Buttered Tahong (Mussels) Recipe