Poqui Poqui is an Ilocano vegetable dish that you can easily make at home! This recipe only requires easy-to-find ingredients and a simple cooking procedure. The taste is similar to tortang talong but more flavorful!
- 4 pcs large eggplant
- 2 pcs tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc medium onion, sliced
- 4 egg
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup spring onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Grill the eggplant and peel off its skin. Cut into serving pieces. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the grilled eggplant. Stir and slightly mash the eggplant.
- Add the eggs. Stir until the egg is cooked. Turn off heat when done.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with spring onions if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your Poqui Poqui!
Poqui Poqui Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Ensaladang Talong Recipe