This mouthwatering ginataang langka with alimasag (young jackfruit in coconut milk with crabs) is so easy to cook! Perfect pang-ulam talaga may okasyon man o wala!
Ginataang Langka with Alimasag Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
- 1 kg unripe jackfruit (langka), chopped
- 3 pcs crab (alimasag), cleaned and cut into halves
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (ikalawang piga)
- 2 cups coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Magic Sarap seasoning granules, to taste (optional)
- 2 pcs red chili, chopped (optional)
- In a deep pan or vat, put the crabs. Add the jackfruit, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, water, and coconut milk.
- Turn on heat, cover, then bring to a boil. (Important: do not mix until the coconut milk is cooked)
- Open the cover. Give it a toss, cover, then simmer until the jackfruit is tender.
- Open the cover. Add some Magic Sarap seasoning granules then give it a mix.
- Add the coconut cream. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. (Again, do not mix until the coconut cream is cooked)
- Give it a final mix.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with chopped chili if you want to add a spicy kick. Enjoy your ginataang langka with alimasag!
You might like this recipe too: Ginataang Tulingan Recipe