No bamboo cooker? No problem! You can make your favorite puto bumbong at home by just using aluminum foil!
- 500g glutinous rice flour
- 3 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 2 tbsp ube flavoring, adjust as needed
- 2 cups water, adjust as needed
- 2 tbsp margarine
- Grated coconut
- Grated cheese
- Condensed milk
- First, cut aluminum foil strips about 3×7 inches in size. Make about 22 pieces. Set aside when done.
- To make the glutinous rice dough or also known as galapong, mix glutinous rice flour and coconut milk powder.
- Gradually add water and ube flavoring. Knead with your clean hands or use plastic gloves.
- Continue on adding some water until the mixture turns into a dough. Also, add more ube flavoring if the color is too pale.
- Grate the galapong using a shredder.
- Wipe some margarine in each aluminum foil strips then put about 2 tbsp of grated galapong. Lightly press with your clean fingers to form a tube-like shape. Fold the foil to cover the galapong but do not completely seal the top to allow steam to enter when cooking.
- Arrange the puto bumbong in the steamer properly. Make sure that the steamer’s water is boiling already before cooking. Steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove puto bumbong from the aluminum foil. Transfer to a plate or container. Better if you have fresh banana leaves.
- Wipe the puto bumbong with some margarine. Top with grated coconut, grated cheese, and condensed milk. You can modify the toppings to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade puto bumbong!
Homemade Puto Bumbong Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Putong Bigas Recipe