- 2 boneless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, diced (about 3/4 cup diced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sambal oelek chile paste
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped (about 1/3 cup chopped)
- 1 cup chopped asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- crushed peanuts for garnish, optional
- Chop your onion, pepper, asparagus and chicken.
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat and add onions. Cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5-8 minutes, until the chicken begins to brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the water, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, minced ginger and chile paste in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- When chicken is lightly browned, add the sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil. Then add in the chopped asparagus and red pepper.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, until the veggies reach your desired tenderness.
- Top with crushed peanuts (optional, I don’t like them).
- Serve with rice or another grain of your choice and enjoy!
Source : After Dinner Dance