- 2 large soft tortillas (whole wheat preferred)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1/2-3/4 cup sauce of choice (use and combine tomato and BBQ for Hawaiian effect)
- about 1/4 cup chopped pineapple, drained
- 50-100g shaved deli ham (about 1/2 cup)
- Spray a large frying pan with non-stick spray (this helps the bottom to crisp up). Place on an element over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the pan. Top with half of the sauce. You don’t want it too soggy, just enough to coat the tortilla.
- Top with a bit of cheese, pineapple, ham, and another sprinkle of cheese.
- Place the second tortilla over top. Spread with remaining sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- Cook until bottom is golden and cheese on top is starting to melt. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese on top gets bubbly. (*Broiling is totally optional — you could just put a lid on the pan for the last couple minutes to melt the cheese if you don’t want to turn on the oven).
Source: The Recipe Rebel