- 2 pcs vegan burger patties
For Mushroom Gravy
- 1 medium size onion, evenly chopped
- 3 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp mushroom soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Vegetable oil
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil and fry the vegan burger patties or grill the burger patties each side for 3 minutes or until just golden. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, remove excess vegetable oil and sauté onions over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add water or vegetable stock and mushroom soy sauce, then simmer and bring to boil.
- Add flour then stir constantly until the sauce becomes thick.
- Add vegan margarine to make the sauce shiny and more flavourful and cook for another minute.
- To assemble: Put the vegan burger patties to the serving plate and pour the mushroom gravy over the vegan patties. Enjoy your masarap (delicious) na ala Jollibee happy cow’s burger steak!
- Garnish with mushroom gravy.
- Serve with steamed rice or mashed potato and veggies.
Source : Vegan Pinoy