Ginataang Bilo-Bilo is a creamy and flavorful snack in the Philippines. It contains sweet potato, plantains, sago, glutinous rice balls, and coconut milk. This recipe is good for 4 servings.
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 2 1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 ripe saba (plantain) bananas, sliced into rounds
- 5 fresh or canned jackfruit, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup dried tapioca pearls
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 10 cups water
- Prepare the rice balls (bilo-bilo): Combine rice flour with 4 tbsp water in a bowl. Mix well. Form into small balls, about 1/2 inches in diameter. In a pot, pour 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Drop each ball in the boiling water. Cook them for 5 minutes or until they float. Remove rice balls from the pot. Set aside.
- Boil tapioca pearls in the same pot over medium heat until soft and translucent. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups of coconut milk and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked tapioca, cooked rice balls, and sugar. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add jackfruit strips and banana rounds. Cook for 5 minutes until everything is tender.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low then simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled in individual bowls. Enjoy your ginataang bilo-bilo!
You might like this recipe too: Mango Sago Gulaman Dessert Recipe