- 1½ pounds fresh chorizo
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, diced
- 1½ cups white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- 36 small clams in the shell, scrubbed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup lightly packed ﬂat-leaf parsley leaves and tender stems, chopped
- 3 lemons, cut into wedges
Grill The Chorizon and Prepare The Sauce
- Heat your grill to medium-high (450°F) and close the lid. Wait at least 15 minutes before continuing. Oil the grill grates with a vegetable oil–soaked paper towel held with a long pair of tongs. Place the chorizo on one side of the grill, close the lid, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chorizo is a deep golden brown. Turn the sausage over and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes, until its skin is charred and shriveled.
- Remove the chorizo from the grill. Set a roasting pan set on the other side of the grill and add the butter, wine, garlic, shallots, tomatoes, smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper. Cook, stirring intermittently, for 8 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to break down and the shallots soften.
- Meanwhile, slice the chorizo into thin rounds and add to the pan with the sauce. Stir to combine, and leave the pan on the grill.
Grill The Clams
- Increase the grill heat to high (550°F), leaving the lid open. Place the clams directly on the grill grate and cook until they pop open, about 3 to 6 minutes. Use tongs to transfer the clams to the pan as soon as they open. Discard any clams that remain shut aft er 8 or 9 minutes.
- Toss the clams, chorizo, and sauce together, and set aside.
Grill and Slice The Baguette
- Drizzle some olive oil over the inside of the cut baguette and place the bread halves cut side down on the grill. Allow to toast for a few minutes, until slightly charred and toasted. Remove from the heat and cut into slices.
- Garnish the clams and chorizo with a sprin- kling of parsley and wedges of lemon. Serve with the baguette slices.
Source : Gourmet Food