- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 (½-inch-thick) slices white bread
- 4 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- ½ pound cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 12 slices applewood-smoked bacon, cooked until crisp
- Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Put 4 of the slices on a cutting board, buttered side down, and spread 1 teaspoon of the mustard over the unbuttered side of each. Top the mustard with the cheddar, bacon, and apple, dividing them evenly among the bread slices. Top the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Put the assembled sandwiches on the grill pan. Cook until the cheese begins to melt and the bottom is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the sandwiches from the skillet, slice them in half, and serve hot.
Source : Gourmet Food