Spinach Pistachio Pesto
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and excess moisture squeezed out
- 5 cups basil leaves
- 1/2-1 cup olive oil
- Place all but olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend while slowly adding the olive oil until smooth and creamy. This makes a lot of pesto and extra freezes well. Makes about 3 cups of pesto.
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 3 small zucchini, shredded
- 1-2 cups ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1-2 cups Spinach Pistachio Pesto (or your favorite)
- Mozzarella, shredded
- Roughly chop the chickpeas and mix (in a large bowl) with the shredded zucchini, ricotta, egg, garlic, onion, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto along the bottom of a lasagna pan and cover with a layer of noodles.
- Spread another thin layer of pesto on top of the noodles then top with chickpea mixture, mozzarella, and another layer of noodles. Continue in this fashion until the chickpea mixture is all used and the pan is full.
- Finish by topping the last layer of noodles with pesto and mozzarella. You can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until ready to bake (up to 1 day).
- Bake lasagna at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes, uncovered, until well browned and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Makes 6-8 servings.
Source : Joybee What’s For Dinner