Ginisang sitaw (string beans) is a simple Filipino vegetable dish that is quick to prepare. The string beans are combined with pork and other vegetables and then seasoned with oyster sauce so the taste is guaranteed delicious!
- 2 to 2 1/2 cup of string beans, cut into 2 inches
- 1 cup pork, cubed
- 1 cup shrimp, cleaned
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tbsp onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp tomato, chopped
- 2 pcs beef or pork broth cubes
- 2 to 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
- Salt or fish sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat some cooking oil in a saucepan.
- Saute the garlic, onion, and tomato until fragrant.
- Saute the pork until it is cooked.
- When the pork is cooked, add the shrimp. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broth cubes. Let it dissolved.
- Add the string beans and oyster sauce. Give it a good mix. Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season it with salt or fish sauce as needed.
- When the string beans is cooked according to your preference, then its done.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy your ginisang sitaw!