Ginisang Sayote is a simple yet delicious dish. A complete recipe with meat and vegetables. It is best served during lunch or dinner time.
- 2-3 pcs of sayote, cut into cubes or small wedges
- 1/4 kg ground pork (you can also use shrimps)
- 1 pc large carrot, cubed
- 1 pc onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pcs tomatoes, minced
- 1 small pack of seasoning granules (Magic Sarap or other brands), optional
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups water
- oil or butter, for sauteéing
- In a pan heat oil or butter, sauté the onion, garlic, and tomatoes until fragrant.
- Add the ground pork. Skim off the excess oil as possible.
- Add the sayote and carrots, stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the seasoning granules, if desired.
- Pour the water and simmer until the vegetables are crisp but tender.
- Season with salt, ground black pepper, and fish sauce.
- Serve and enjoy your Ginisang Sayote!
You might like this recipe too: Ginisang Tahong with Sprite Recipe