1 kilo Magnolia chicken
2 medium-sized sayote
1 cup malunggay leaves
1 1/2 cups coconut milk or Knorr ginataang gulay mix
1 medium-sized onion
2-3 cloves garlic
1 small-sized ginger (about a size of a thumb)
Salt and pepper to taste
Fish sauce or patis (optional)
1. Clean chicken. Remove skin and fatty portion.
2. Boil chicken. Set aside stock.
3. Slice onion, garlic and ginger.
4. Peel and slice sayote.
1. In a pot, sauté onion, garlic and ginger.
2. Add chicken, cook until brown.
3. Add 1 cup coconut milk. Let it simmer.
4. After 15-20 minutes or when thick, add the remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk.
5. Let it boil then add sayote. Add some iodized salt and pepper to taste.
6. Put malunggay leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Serve hot and enjoy your ginataang manok with sayote and malunggay!