This chicken dish is delicious at the same time healthy because it contains very nutritious ingredients like sayote, malunggay, and coconut milk. Perfect to serve to your family at lunch or dinner!
- 1 kg chicken
- 2 medium-sized sayote
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk or Knorr ginataang gulay mix
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 small-sized ginger (about a size of a thumb)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fish sauce or patis (optional)
- Clean chicken. Remove skin and fatty portions.
- Boil chicken. Set aside the stock.
- Slice onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Peel and slice sayote.
- In a pot, sauté onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Add chicken, and cook until brown.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk. Let it simmer.
- After 15-20 minutes or when thick, add the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Let it boil then add sayote. Add some iodized salt and pepper to taste.
- Put malunggay leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your ginataang manok with sayote and malunggay!
You might like this recipe too: Ginataang Tulingan Recipe