- 1 kilo large, fresh prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions until tender. Add tomatoes, parsley, salt, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Divide the prawns and sauce in individual clay pots or put all in a large heat-proof casserole dish.
- Crumble feta cheese on top and bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until prawns a re cooked. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Source: Kusina 101