In this recipe, we will use different spices to have that Jollibee-like taste. You can also opt to add chili for a spicy taste. Ready to make yours? This dish is traditionally served with rice and gravy. They go well together. The little ones will surely enjoy it. Try this recipe now!
- 2 kilos chicken, your choice cuts
- Salt and pepper for coating
- Cooking oil for deep frying
For the breading:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. five spice powder or ngo hiong powder
- 1 tsp. fine salt, adjust if necessary
- Rub and press each chicken piece with salt and pepper until all is evenly coated.
- To make the breading, combine flour, cornstarch, five spice powder, garlic powder and salt in a bowl/container.
- Stir the dry ingredients using a fork until evenly mixed.
- Coat each chicken piece with the breading inside and out. Coat underneath the skin as well.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or deep frying pan.
- Fry the chicken pieces for about 15 to 20 minutes on medium fire. (Don’t overcrowd the fryer to avoid the fried chicken to become soggy and loose it’s crispiness.
- Put the chicken on a plate with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Fried Chicken ala Jollibee Chicken Joy!
Fried Chicken ala Jollibee Chicken Joy recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!