This combination is unbeatable for many Filipinos! Kangkong and bagoong is a simple yet delicious side dish that will remind you of the simple life in the province.
This recipe is good for 2-3 persons.
- 1 bunch kangkong (water spinach), trimmed
- 5 cups water, for boiling
- 1/2 cup bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- 100g pork, cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, minced
- 1 large tomato, minced
- sugar, to taste
- vinegar, to taste
- cooking oil
- In a pan, heat oil. Sauté garlic, onion, and tomato until fragrant.
- Add the pork. Cook until golden brown.
- Add bagoong (shrimp paste). Season with vinegar and sugar according to your taste. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pot, boil water then blanch kangkong (water spinach) for 3 minutes.
- Using a strainer, drain kangkong then rinse with cold water.
- Let the excess water drip off then cut into 5 inches.
- Arrange on a serving plate then serve with the sauteéd shrimp paste.
- Serve and enjoy your Kangkong with Bagoong!
You might like this recipe too: Kangkong & Tokwa Recipe