Everlasting is a delicious and colorful dish that originated from Marikina. It is made from ground pork, hotdog, egg, and vegetables. Perfect for special occasions such as fiesta and holidays!
- 1kg ground pork
- 6 eggs
- 3 pcs hotdogs, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 1 pc large carrot, chopped (get a small portion for toppings)
- 1 pc large red bell pepper, chopped (get a small portion for toppings)
- 1 pc large green bell pepper, chopped (get a small portion for toppings)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 pack tomato sauce (250g)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Melted butter, for greasing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Seasoning granules (ex. Magic Sarap), to taste
- 3 pcs hotdogs, thinly sliced for toppings
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced for toppings
- 1 small can pineapple chunks, for toppings
- Carrot strips
- Red bell pepper strips
- Green bell pepper strips
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pan. Add chopped hotdogs. Fry until cooked then remove from the pan. Set aside.
- In the same pan, put the ground pork. Cook until it turns light brown.
- Add garlic and onion. Stir.
- Add carrots, green and red bell pepper. Stir.
- Add salt, pepper, seasoning granules, tomato sauce, and water. Stir then simmer until it boils.
- Add pineapple tidbits, pickle relish, raisins, and cooked hotdogs. Stir.
- Add the shredded cheese. Stir for the last time then turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl then allow it to cool completely.
- Season eggs with salt. Beat well.
- Pour about half of the beaten eggs into the cooked ground pork. Stir well.
- Grease the bottom and sides of each llanera mold. Put an oval-shaped banana leaf then grease it as well.
- Arrange the toppings on the bottom of the llanera mold.
- Fill each llanera with cooked ground pork. Flatten the surface using a spoon.
- Put a layer of beaten eggs on top as the final touch to ensure that the mixture will be well-bonded.
- Cover each llanera with aluminum foil then arrange them properly in the steamer.
- Make sure the steamer’s water is already boiling before putting the meatloaf. Steam for about 1 hour or until the meat is set.
- To serve, remove the foil then run a knife on the sides of the llanera to easily take out the meatloaf. Cover with a serving plate then turn it upside down. Remove the llanera and banana leaf. Enjoy your Marikina Everlasting!
Everlasting Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Special Embutido Recipe