Looking for an easy yet delicious and healthy dish? Well, this one’s for you! Check out this yummy yet easy Eggplant Steak Recipe! All you have to do is prepare the main ingredient, the eggplant! Following the instructions below, it may look like you are just preparing your favorite pork steak recipe. Who could have thought that eggplant can be really a good substitute for meat? Well, the person who invented this is a genius! The eggplant, as one would know, is a veggie that is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, thiamin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, dietary fiber, folic acid, potassium, and manganese. With these benefits. Eggplant is actually part of the world’s healthiest food! Not only a yummy food, it is also an appetizing veggie. Those greeny and violet skin color excites everyone even the kids! So, what are you waiting for? Prepare to cook this budget-friendly, easy, yummy, and healthy recipe! Have fun cooking!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- oil for frying
- In a pan, hot oil. Add the eggplant and fry until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic and onion with a bit of oil for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and pepper to taste. Stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the fried eggplant into a serving dish and garnish with some onion rings.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice. Enjoy!