- eggs – 4
- butter – 2tbsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2tsp
- onion, finely chopped – 1 small
- tomato, finely chopped – 1 medium
- green chilly, finely chopped – 1 (i skipped this)
- ginger-garlic paste – 2tsp
- turmeric pow – 1/4 tsp
- oil – 1tsp for frying eggs
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves, finely chopped – 1tblsp for garnishing
- curds – 1/4 cup
- coriander pow – 1tsp
- red chilly pow – 1/2 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
- coconut milk powder – 1tblsp (i used maggie)
- Boil the eggs & remove the shell & slit each egg into half vertically, remove the egg yolks & cut the egg whites into quarter & keep aside.
- Heat a pan with 1tsp of oil & lightly fry the egg pieces. Transfer into a bowl & marinate it with all the ingredients mentioned under “FOR MARINATION” . Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Heat the butter in a pan & toss in the cumin seeds , when it begins to splutter add green chillies if you are using them, fry for seconds & then add onions & fry till translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste & fry till oil leaves the sides.
- Toss in the turmeric powder & fry for a second & then add chopped tomatoes & salt to taste.Fry till tomatoes are too mushy. Add the marinated egg pieces & simmer & cook while mixing all the masalas gently.Add a little water if you require it in a semi gravy form. Cover & cook for 2-3 mins on a low flame.
- Turn off the flame & garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice / chapathis.
Source : Rekhaas Kitchen