Nothing can beat eating warm taho in the morning but isn’t it nice if we can make our own taho at home? You can be sure that it’s clean and fresh!
- 330 g extra soft tofu
- 1/2 cup uncooked tapioca pearl (sago)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5-6 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- water for boiling sago
- Place sago in boiling water and cook until transparent. Stir constantly to avoid sticking to the pan. When sago is cooked, drain and set aside.
- To make the arnibal syrup, place the brown sugar in a saucepan and allow it to caramelize over low heat. When sugar caramelizes, pour in water, vanilla essence, and stir well until dissolved. Turn off heat. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Place the extra soft tofu in a preheated pan. Allow it to sit over medium-low heat until some extra water cooks off and tofu is warm. Alternatively, put extra soft tofu in mug and heat in oven until warm.
- When tofu is warm, top it with cooked tapioca pearl and arnibal. Add more arnibal to sweeten.
- Slightly stir and serve warm or cold. Enjoy your taho!