- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Thai chili peppers, ends trimmed and minced
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed and cut into ½-inch lengths
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp and aromatic. Add pork and cook, breaking apart with back of spoon, until lightly browned. Add shrimp paste and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp paste starts to lightly brown.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add chili peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Add coconut cream. Add green beans, stirring to combine, and continue to cook for about 15 minutes or until green beans are tender yet crisp and liquid is reduced and begins to render fat. Serve hot.