- 1 large bangus, approx. 2 lbs.
- 1 full cup vinegar
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Trim the fins and tail of the bangus. Be sure to use sharp knife.
- Split bangus on the dorsal side starting from the tail to the head by running the edge of the knife along the backbone.
- Take away the gills and innards.
- Wash fish in running water to remove blood.
- Lay the fish flat on the cutting board with the skin down and remove backbone.
- Cut in with the tip of the blade along the backbone from the head to tail.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a covered container.
- Put it in a fridge to marinate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Fry bangus with sufficient amount of vegetable oil until each side is golden brown.
- Serve with rice, atsara or sliced tomatoes.
Image: Our Phenomenal Life