Pork sisig is an extremely popular Filipino dish that is usually served with rice or as pulutan. Generally, parts of a pig’s head are used for this dish, but fish and other pork parts can be used as well.
You can try making sisig at home using lechon kawali for the meat, tossed with diced bell pepper, onion, calamansi juice, and an unlimited number of chili peppers for additional heat. Top it with some crunchy Chicharon bits for added texture and you’re all set! Try this Crispy Pork Sisig recipe now!
- 4 cups Lechon Kawali, chopped (Easy Lechon Kawali Recipe)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cored and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 5 to 6 Thai chili peppers, minced
- ½ cup calamansi juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine Lechon Kawali, bell pepper, onions, chili peppers and calamansi juice. Gently toss together to evenly distribute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You could add Chicharon bits for extra crunch!