– Pork rind
– Sea salt
– Ground black pepper
– Your preferred seasoning (barbecue, cajun, etc.)
*There are no given amounts for the ingredients because you can make as much or as little as you want.
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F/150° C.
2. Make sure that your rinds are dry and free of hair. Cut them into strips, about 2″ wide.
3. Poke holes into the skin using the tip of a sharp knife.
4. Grind a moderate amount of sea salt on each piece of rind. Leave them aside until the salt draws out the moisture from the skin. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
5. Arrange them on a single layer on a lined baking pan.
6. Bake for about 2-3 hours or until the skins are crisp and bubbly. The cooking time will depend on the size of the skin. If you are cooking several trays, swap them so they’ll cook evenly.
7. Season with more salt, pepper and any seasonings you prefer. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: www.adorasbox.com