Here is the secret to making your french fries really crispy at home!
- 1 large potato, cut into evenly sized strips
- 4 cups of vegetable oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Soak potatoes in a large bowl of water for about 30 minutes. Remove potatoes from water then pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan at low heat. Gently add the potatoes to the hot oil for about 5 minutes, stirring and flipping the potatoes occasionally. Remove potatoes from the oil to drain on a paper towel and cool completely.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan at medium heat. Fry the potatoes again until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Blot with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt to serve.
- Serve and enjoy your crispy fries!