- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ large yellow onion
- 400g cremini mushrooms
1 tbsp pepper
- ½ tbsp thyme
- 4 tbsps flour
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ of half and half cream
- Chop onion into small thin pieces. In a large pot melt butter and sautée onions for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent.
- Chop cremini mushrooms into half slices, and add to pot. Stir consistently for 5-7 minutes, or until the mushrooms are sautéed. Add spices (pepper and thyme) while stirring. At this point you will see the mushrooms and onions to be tender, and juices from butter and mushrooms will appear.
- Add flour to the pot, this will allow mushrooms mixture to thicken. Let cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- Transfer mushroom mixture into a blender. Blend at medium speed for 5 minutes, or until velvety smooth. Bring mixture back to pot at medium heat.
- Add chicken broth to mixture, use hand blender to blend. Add cream to mixture, again use hand blender to blend.
- Heat soup to serve. Transfer soup to bowls. Enjoy!
- For presentation purposes you can add a sautéed mushroom in the middle of each soup bowl.
Source : I Cook and Code