Derived from the word Carbonaro which literally translates to “charcoal burner”, this hearty dish was thought to be prepared for the charcoal workers in Italy in the past. But for whoever this dish was invented, we are eternally grateful.
This Creamy Carbonara recipe adds a twist to the usual pasta. Served in parties and other events or as a whole meal for the family, you will surely enjoy the celebration with this scrumptious dish around. Try this quick and easy recipe now!
- 500 grams Fettucine noodles(or any desired pasta)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 250 ml all purpose cream
- 1 can creamed of mushroom soup
- 200 grams sweet ham
- 200 grams bacon
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon but not too crispy. drain and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Fry the ham, drain and cut into small square pieces. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add 3/4 of fried bacon and ham.
- Add evaporated milk and creamed mushroom soup.
- Add the all purpose cream and grated parmesan cheese. Stir and bring to boil.
- Season with ground pepper.
- Add more evaporated milk or a cup of water if the sauce is too creamy or salty.
- Simmer until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Prepare pasta on pasta tray, top with grated Parmesan cheese together with the remaining bacon and ham bits and chopped parsley.
- Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!
Source: Trending Pinas