- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- half an apple cut in small cubes
- 1/4 cup pecans (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee powder melted in 3 tablespoons of water
- Beat butter with sugar until lighter in color and creamy in texture.
- Add the egg with vanilla and keep on beating for 3 minutes.
- Add the coffee and keep on beating still.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt and add it to previous mixture. Do not over beat, 15 seconds on very low speed are enough.
- Pour the cake mixture in baking pan, add apple and pecans on top of the cake, sprinkle the cinnamon.
- Place baking pan in preheated oven at 350F/180C/gas mark 4 for 35–40 minutes.
Source: Munaty Cooking