- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9″x 9″ pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter with the brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg and then the yolk. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a small separate bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Then mix the flour/salt into the wet ingredients. Stir until combined, but don’t overmix.
- Fold in the coconut and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 22-23 min. It’s done when the edges are golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Source: The Pastry Chef’s Baking