- ½ cup butter
- 6 1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler or slowing in a pot over low heat. Remove from heat once the chocolate melts. Stir it often. Chocolate burns and sticks easily.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter extract, and vanilla.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Rub 2 tablespoons of softened butter on the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the butter.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or just until the filling is set. It will be soft to touch.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Source: Marilyn’s Treats