Chicken Sotanghon Soup is a comfort food for many, so it is a must to learn this recipe.
- 8 oz vermicelli (sotanghon) noodles
- 6 dried shitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken meat
- 2 tbsp fish sauce or 2 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Chopped green onions
- Soak sotanghon noodles in warm water for 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Soak shitake mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water. Discard the stems and thinly slice the caps. Set aside.
- Heat a pot over medium heat. Add oil and sauté garlic until golden brown. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and chicken meat; sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce (or salt), pepper, and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add drained noodles and cook for 3 -5 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Transfer to a soup bowl. Garnish with green onions.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken sotanghon soup!
You might like this recipe too: Pork Bola Bola Soup with Misua and Patola Recipe