Chicken in pandan leaves is a dish from Thailand but don’t worry because all the ingredients are available in the Philippine market too! This recipe is so delicious that anyone can enjoy it!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 500g boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2×2 inch cubes
- pandan leaves (to wrap chicken cubes)
- corn oil, for frying
For the marinade:
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
For the sesame sauce:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine ingredients for the marinade. Add chicken cubes and marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Wrap the marinated chicken in pandan leaves. Deep-fry in medium hot oil until golden brown.
- To make sesame sauce: Pour warm water over tamarind paste and let it sit. After 5 minutes, strain the juice and place it in a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken in pandan leaves with the sesame sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Tip: Wash and wipe the leaves dry to prevent the chicken from splattering when frying.
You might like this recipe too: Sprite Chicken Wings Recipe
Thank for the recipe posted.,it’s really good idea to prepare for the occasion.
You’re very welcome! 🙂