Chicken Asado is a Filipino dish that is bursting with flavors- sweet, sour, and salty. It is simple and easy to cook.
2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/4 cup butter/margarine
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
2 medium-sized onions, sliced
2 pieces dried bay leaves (laurel)
2 large potatoes, quartered
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup lemon/calamansi juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 cup cooking oil
1. Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a heated pan or pot, pour in the cooking oil & fry the chicken. Set aside after.
3. In a heated pot or wok, put in the butter/margarine.
4. When the butter/margarine is hot enough, sauté the onions until soft in texture.
5. Add in the bay leaves and cook for a minute.
6. Pour in tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
7. Add the soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
8. Add the pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Place the potatoes in and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
10. Serve hot and enjoy your Chicken Asado!
Chicken Asado recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Chicken Adobo Recipe