Chicken Afritada is a Filipino stew that is easy to cook and so delicious!
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
- 4 pieces potatoes, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 pcs of hotdog, sliced (optional)
- 1 large carrot, chunks (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- patis (fish sauce) or salt
- pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil, sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken. Fry until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add the marinated juice.
- Pour the tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and hotdog; cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the red bell pepper and peas, and simmer for an additional minute or two.
- Fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste.