Butong with crabs is a Visayan dish. Crabs are cooked with coconut meat and coconut water so aside from being delicious it is also good for health.
- 1 ½ kg crabs (alilmasag), each crab halved
- 5 medium-sized buko (young coconut), grated
- ½ kg tomatoes, sliced
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups buko water
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the crabs followed by the buko water.
- Season with salt and allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the grated buko. Allow simmering for 2 minutes more before turning off the stove.
- Serve and enjoy your butong with crabs!
You might like this recipe too: Ginataang Langka with Alimasag Recipe