1 and a 1/2 cup young coconut strips (Buko)
5 ounces condensed milk
8 ounces table cream or all-purpose cream
3 ounces powdered gelatin
1 and 1/4 cups water
6 drops Buko Pandan flavoring (available in Asian Stores)
2 scoops vanilla ice cream (optional)
1/2 cup small tapioca pearls, cooked (optional)
1. Combine water and powdered gelatin then stir using a spoon.
2. Add Buko Pandan flavoring then stir until everything is evenly distributed.
3. Heat a saucepan and pour-in the mixture. Bring to a boil while continuously stirring.
4. Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to a mold. Allow the temperature to cool. The texture of the mixture should be firm once cooled. You may also place this inside the refrigerator for faster results (allow the temperature to go down before putting it in the refrigerator).
5. Combine condensed milk, table cream, tapioca pearls, and young coconut then mix well. Allow the texture to thicken by chilling in the refrigerator or freezer for a few hours.
6. Slice the firm gelatin into 1 inch cubes then combine with the condensed milk-cream-young coconut-tapioca mixture.
7. Transfer to individual serving platters or cups then top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream (optional)
8. Serve chilled, share and enjoy!