Skip to content
- 1 k. glutinous rice ( malakit)
- 3 cups refined white sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 thumbs size ginger, extracted juiced only
- 12 liter coconut milk
- 4 tablets tableya ( native cocoa )
- water for cooking rice
- water for steaming wrapped rice
- In a pot, cook the rice along with the malagkit, sugar, salt and ginger juice
- When the rice mixture is half cooked, remove and allow to cool
- Melt the native cocoa set aside.
- Get half of the rice mixture and mix with the melted cocoa.
- Roll this chocolate infused rice mixture with the remaining cooked rice. Do not mix so as to give that distinctive white and black marks of this delicacy.
- Wrap the rice mixture in wilted banana leaves
- Steam until cooked for at least 12 to an hour.