This fried pastry is great for snack time! It is stuffed with delicious filling like mongo, ube jam, or custard. The outside part is coated with sesame seeds.
- 2 1/2 cups of glutinous rice flour
- 3/4 water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- oil (enough for deep frying)
- sesame seed
- filling of your choice (it could be boiled mongo, ube jam, custard, or anything you want)
- Heat small casserole with water and sugar. Let it simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour and water mixture to form a dough.
- Make small individual ball pieces of dough. As a ping-pong ball size
- Press the center of the round dough until there’s a hollow in the center.
- Fill the hollow space of the dough with about a teaspoon of the filling.
- Seal the dough and roll it once more until the shape is round and there’s no crack.
- In a bowl with sesame seeds, roll the round-shaped dough and make sure that the seeds will cover the dough and that it will stick on the dough by pressing it.
- Heat the pan with cooking oil on very low heat.
- Deep fry the dough for about 3-4 minutes or until the sesame seed’s color turns golden brown.
- Remove the cooked buchi from the pan and drain excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy your buchi!
You might also like this recipe: Special Puto Pao Recipe