For the double-fried chicken:
- 1/2 kg chicken wings
- 2 cups cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to season
For the soy garlic glaze:
- ¼ pc small onion, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and shredded
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
- Pat dry chicken wings with paper towels. Season with salt then dredge chicken wings in cornstarch.
- Deep fry until cooked all the way through. Place on paper towel or strainer to drain excess oil and allow to dry.
- To make the soy garlic glaze, combine onion, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic powder, and ginger in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir until sugar is fully dissolved.
- In a small bowl, place cornstarch and a tablespoon of the soy garlic mixture. Mix to dissolve. Add to the saucepan and stir until slightly thickened.
- Flash fry chicken in hot oil. Place on paper towel or strainer to drain excess oil. Toss chicken wings in glaze.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy your BonChon-style Soy Garlic Wings!
You might like this recipe too: Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe