- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- fresh cracked pepper
- dash dried thyme
- Chop the raw bacon roughly and cook, in a large sauce pan, until very crispy. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Mean while pour off all but about 1 Tsp of the bacon grease and cook the onion, with some salt, in the same sauce pan. Cook onion at medium heat until very soft.
- Chop the cooked bacon more finely and then add it back to the pan with the onions.
- Add the maple syrup, vinegar, thyme, pepper, and a splash of water. Continue cooking until everything is well browned and jam like consistency.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers or bread (I had cheese with mine too because I love cheese). Makes 2 servings.
Source : Joy Bee What’s For Dinner